My approach to spiritual direction is to listen to people, assist with self reflection and provide the tools for people to reach their “next best step” in their spiritual journey.
My training spans a variety of pastoral care tools, including Prepare Enrich Relationship Assessment, Psychological First Aid (Trauma Informed Support) and as a Grief Support Specialist. I have been a rabbi (spiritual teacher) for seven years, serving all people of all spiritual traditions and non-religious people. I have experience in many counseling environments including jails, hospitals, hospice and in peoples homes, as well as online.
Who Needs This Service?
- Dealing with a difficult issue in life and need a caring mentor to listen?
- Questioning spiritual ideas you were raised with or grew to believe that no longer seem true?
- Searching for life coaching, chaplaincy or pastoral care in the Richmond, Petersburg, Midlothian, Chesterfield, Glen Allen or Short Pump area?
- Are you suffering the effects of post-traumatic stress, abuse or grief where traditional, licensed professional counseling has not helped?
Who Uses This Service?
- Patients in home hospice and their family
- Those seeking bereavement and grief support
- Couples and individuals using this as an alternative to traditional pre-marital and marriage counseling
- Individuals who would like access to a rabbi or chaplain
- Anyone who needs a helping hand in their journey through life
What Does This Involve?
- Free ten-minute first-time assessment to see if we are a good fit for one another
- Monthly meetings using Facetime, Skype or in-person at your location. Meetings are one hour long
- Email support on a limited, as-needed basis
What Is A Meeting Like?
What takes place at meetings depends entirely on your needs. We may employ active listening, role play, Prepare-Enrich relationship assessment, prayer, meditation, Mind Mapping and many other spiritual-theraputic techniques. No two meetings are ever the same.
How Much Does This Cost?
$65 for online meetings. Save 20% when you subscribe to bi-weekly online meetings (billed monthly). Payment can be made via Venmo (my preferred payment method), debit/credit or check .